Thursday, April 26, 2012

Sprouting Update! Add Sprouts to your Meal!

As promised here is my sprouting update. I ended up sprouting for 5 days in total before I decided to eat them. They turned out amazing and the taste, out of this world. Love, love!

Morning of day 5












Evening of Day 5














Our Supper


My husband and I enjoyed an amazing salad!

Sprout Salad for Two
4 Cups of Spinach
2 Green Onions
1 Avocado
1 1/2 Cups of Sprouts
1/4 Piece of Fennel Chopped Up





I will be doing a lot of sprouting in the future. You can make an all sprout salad, add them to your existing salad, or juice them.

Sprouts are alkalising and nutritious. They are a rich source of vitamins, minerals, enzymes, proteins and they only take 4-6 days to grow.



Have you been sprouting lately? If so, what have you been sprouting?



2 comments:

  1. I'm sprouting alfalfa seeds now. This is only my 2nd batch. It's so easy! I need more mason jars so I can have a continuous supply of sprouts. I like to put them on a tomato sandwich. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! I have not tried that yet. I would like to do Wheat grass, broccoli is really good! I agree, super easy!

    ReplyDelete