Monday, April 30, 2012

Fruit Leathers for the Kids + Kale Chips for Me!

Although we had a very busy weekend, I did manage to fit in making some fruit roll-ups for the kids and some kale chips for me. I love my kale chips and the kids were so surprised that mom can make raw fruit leathers that look and taste like those in the store, but are actually healthy -made from real fruit with NO artificial flavours or colours, dyes etc.

I am looking forward to making more of those for sure. We made blueberry and apple cinnamon ones.

Because I ran the dehydrator overnight and was in a bit of a rush to get out to work this morning, I did not have time to take photos of the process, but I will the next time I make them.

My Kale chips were seasoned with Sea Salt and Curry Powder. I would curry everything if I could! The kids fruit roll ups. Ideally I would wrap them in parchment paper, but I ran out. Picking some up tonight.

Such a simple recipe for the fruit leathers. The ingredients are listed below, just blend in food processor until it is a creamy paste and spread over paraflexx sheets on dehydrator and dehydrate for 12 hours on 115.




    


Apple Cinnamon Fruit Leather
4 Apples Cored and Peeled
3 Tbsp Raw Honey
Cinnamon to Taste.

Blueberry Fruit Leather
1 Cup Frozen Blueberry
2 Tbsp Water
2 Tbsp Raw Honey






 

No comments:

Post a Comment