Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A New Year, Congratulations You Made It & Back to the Basics

2011 was a wonderful year of raw! I aim to feel even better this year.
This year, I am going back to the basics. Introducing one food at a time, to really see what bothers me and why. I did not entirely get rid of my stomach problems. Even in the raw world I found many things that I can not successfully eat.

Strawberries

I love strawberries. They are beautiful in colour, taste and texture and can be used for a variety of dishes, from desserts, to salads, smoothies and much more. They are very good for you, working as cleaners and purifiers of the whole system.

They have been known to assist in combating high blood pressure and have been recommended in European Traditional Medicine to assist in the elimination of kidney stones. They are high in iron which is amazing for people who suffer from fatigue or anemia. They are wonderful for the skin, and they help to cleanse and rejuvenate the intestinal flora.

I try to incorporate one cup a day in a smoothy. My children love strawberries! What a wonderful snack. What is your favourite dish with strawberries?

Congratulations to our winner Lola, who will enjoying a free meal at Rawlicious in the GTA.


No comments:

Post a Comment