Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Raw Pizza and Our Dessert Book Winner!

Greetings Fellow Raw Food Lovers! Raw Food Rocks - Eat it and Feel the Difference!

Wow, I took a break from the computer for a couple days. Well needed, between work, blogging and other personal interests it can sometimes be all consuming! I had some extra help on Monday my day off, from my fantastic Mom, getting some cleaning done! She is a trooper!

So the winner of Raw Therapy's latest giveaway is......

Grace - from "Grace Under Pressure!" Let me know your mailing address Grace and I will get it out in the mail!

Yesterday I had a great day full of energy. I usually start my morning with a smoothie, frozen banana's and almond milk(chia seeds, hemp Seeds...) I snacked on a lot of fruit yesterday, pineapple, apple, peaches, more banana...I had some marinaded mushrooms and red pepper (marinaded in a variation of Kale and Oregano Raw Pesto) and for supper I had "Raw Pizza."


















Raw Pizza Base
Sundried Tomato and Chia Seed Cracker from Live Food Bar

Cashew Cheese
Farmer-Style Cheese from recipe book - I am Grateful
1 1/2 Cups Soaked Cashews
1 Tbsp Miso
1 Pinch Salt
1 Tsp Raw Coconut Oil
1/2 Cup Fresh Water

Place all items in the food processor with half the water, blend slowly. Add more water if necessary. Wrap in cheese cloth to drain and to ripen.

Kale and Oregano Pesto
2 Cups of Kale
1 Cup Oregano Leaves
1/4 cup of Cold Pressed Olive
*If need more or less oil, use accordingly
2 Cloves Garlic
Pinch of Sea Salt
Dash of Lemon

Pizza Toppings
Organic Red Pepper
Organic White Button Mushrooms

I tend to plan all my weeks meals around what I have made on the weekend, just so I do not waste anything. I have been using a lot of kale and oregano pesto as I made a bunch on the weekend. Stay tuned I also made some yummy desserts, and a few different types of Pasta.

What have you been up too? Have you been cleaning, cutting yourself off from the computer?Does the cleaning ever end? What plans do you have for the the fall, or for Thanksgiving Weekend?


5 comments:

  1. Sweet! I need raw desserts in my life <3 :D Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. contact: crazynance@gmail.com Email and I will return address... :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just emailed you. Congratulations! Let me know if you make any raw creations!

    ReplyDelete