Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Sushi Time

Wow, I feel like I have not blogged in forever, it has been sometime. Work has been so busy, summer, the kids, painting - there are just not enough hours in the day. I made a great salad tonight, by the time I got done my favourite place to take photo's did not have enough natural light. I will take one tomorrow morning before work. I will get my garden salad - not your traditional one, up tomorrow.

I did manage to get some sushi made. Simple, is my motto.

Raw Rice
1 Cup of soaked Cashews ( over night)
3 Cloves of Garlic
3/4 Green Pepper
Pinch Sea Salt

Place all ingredients in the food processor and blend out until chunky, rice like consistency.

Sushi Stuffing
1/2 Daikon Radish
1 Organic Carrot
1/2 Cucumber
1 Avocado
1/2 Cup Organic Pea Shoots

Apply rice to the bottom 1/3 of the nori and leave a 1 inch gap at the bottom. Spread the rice out, and lay vegetables of choice on rice. Roll the bottom tight around the ingredients. Wet the top of the nori so that it will stick when you roll it the rest of the way up. Use a sharp knife to cut into sections. Wipe knife between each cut.

I have made this before and we really enjoy it - the entire family!

Do you like making sushi, what do you like to put in your sushi..?


4 comments:

  1. Looks good! I like onion and bell pepper slivers in mine along with all the other veggies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I eat sushi as much as possible. My favorite thing to put in it as my "rice" is a pate recipe I learned from Min.I am pretty sure I posted the recipe it has a base of soaked raw sunflower seeds and then is flavored up with good stuff. It blows me away every time I make it. I put in sundried tomatoes and loads of veggies too.
    Yours is beautiful!
    Peace and Raw Health,
    E

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Rosie, onion and bell pepper slivers sounds amazing! I will have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elizabeth - I love sushi as well. I have not tried the pate you speak of, I will look back in your posts and try to find it. Sounds yummy! I love sundried tomatoes...

    ReplyDelete