Sunday, August 21, 2011

Harvest Time

Our trip to the garden yesterday was exciting and disappointing at the same time. We have been waiting for our watermelons to grow and have three on the way to being able to eat in the very near future. Yesterday we found out someone took one of our watermelons...Can you believe it. I was stunned to think someone would actually do that. I do not think it was an animal, because of the sheer size and there were no tracks or anything. My son was very disappointed. We have two more growing on a different plant, so hopefully we will get to harvest those ones.

We did manage to get one japanese egg plant, a large green pepper and some cherry tomatoes. I can not believe how different the peppers smell from the ones you get in the store. Growing your own is so much better!

My husband is our of town in New York this week with my camera, so I have decided to take out my old one to see if I can make it work. I managed to get it going this morning, although my shooting options are limited, I will try my best this week.We are heading to Nature's Emporium in Newmarket after Church this morning. I will keep you updated on my trip. Sadly my salad photograph has gone to New York. I will post it when he returns.

What have you been harvesting?

1 comment:

  1. got some zucchini's this summer, and a few beets (was mostly harvesting leaves off the plant- finally broke down and ate the beets), lots of collards... and will not grow leaf lettuce again. the crawlies got most of my lettuce - it looked crocheted!
    Also I blew it by planting too close in my enthusiasm. Will not make that mistake next year. By then I will be a 3rd yr gardener (almost pro-NOT)

    :D

    ReplyDelete