Monday, April 4, 2011

Kale and Purple Cabbage Salad - Apple Cucumber Avocado Salad

We started off the morning, like all mornings with a smoothie. This morning it was simple, lots of blueberries, a banana, almond milk, hemp seeds. cacao and mango. We are growing fond of this as the children enjoy it.

What is your favorite smoothie? I love green smoothies, actually I love all smoothies! What is the most exotic fruit that you have ever used in a smoothie?










Raw Therapy Kale Cabbage Salad
1/2 Head of Purple Cabbage
7 Big Kale Leaves
1/4 Cup Olive Oil
1/4 Apple Cider Vinegar
2 Tbsp Raw Honey
Sea Salt






Cut the cabbage into small strips. Remove stems from kale and tear or cut into small pieces. Mix dressing of oil, vinegar and honey, toss in dressing and let marinade for 1/2 hour. Toss a few times while marinating, making sure all cabbage and kale are covered.

Raw Therapy Apple Cucumber Avocado Salad
1 Avocado
1/2 Cucumber
1 Organic Apple
1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
Sea Salt
1 Tsp Minced Hot Pepper





Chop the apple, avocado and cucumber into small pieces, mince hot pepper. Toss with dressing made of vinegar and lemon. Make sure avocado and apple are covered in lemon juice to prevent them from turning brown.

6 comments:

  1. there seems to be an error in your kale/cabbage recipe... no cabbage in ingredient list? :D looks tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, tiny error, I had purple Kale, instead of purple cabbage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both recipes look delish!

    Blessings, Debra
    Raw Vegan Diet

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those smoothies!!! I use blueberries, cacao and greens every morning for my smoothie!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That cucumber avocado salad looks sooo good!
    Thank you for sharing all of your wonderful recipes and your beautiful photos.
    Peace and Raw Health,
    E

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Debra, thanks, I have never really made a raw dish with purple cabbage before, so I will start to experiment a little bit more.

    @rawkinmom - I am with you, I love smoothies!

    @Elizabeth thanks, I love avocado and cucumber always tastes so refreshing.

    ReplyDelete